Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thank you from the USA!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to write a quick note to say that I am safely back in the States, after a year in Port Elizabeth interning for Grassroot Soccer. I arrived home on July 30, and have enjoyed seeing family and friends across New England. I can't wait to see everyone and catch up on a years worth of stories!

Now that I am no longer a Grassroot Soccer intern, I was able to help with the training of the newest Intern Class while they prepared to leave for their internships in Soweto, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Kimberly, Mtubatuba(Kwa-Zulu Natal in South Africa), Lusaka, Zambia, Lesotho and Lilongwe, Malawi. It was a great way for me to wrap up my intern experience, while also helping the new interns prepare for their new adventure. While it was sad to realize that I was no longer an intern, it was really great to meet all the new guys and help them ease into this insane transition.

Well, now that I am home I will no longer be keeping up with this blog, but I just wanted to say thank you again, from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support that I received this past year. This internship truly would not have been possible without the support of friends and family, so I cannot thank you enough.

I hope that you all are happy and healthy, and enjoying the last few weeks of summer! As always, I love hearing from you, so feel free to send me an email at sjcallaway@gmail.com with any updates or just to say hello!!

All the best and thank you again,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment