Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yard Sale Success!

Hello to everyone!

Thank you to the generous donors who have been supporting online, through checks to me, checks to GrassrootSoccer, and those supporting through kind words, connections and advice. It all means so much to me! I am starting to get increasingly excited and nervous for my next adventure, since I leave in approximately 1 month! Lots to do! I am so happy to report that this weekend I had a great yard sale, and with the help of great friends and the generous Barr-Harris family who allowed us to use their lawn, we raised over $1,000!! That certainly exceeded all expectations by far! We sold clothes, knick knacks, household products and had Grassroot Soccer information as well as gear to sell. Generous donations and good publicity helped to make this event such a great success. My overall fundraising is now up to approximately $4,000, although with the online donations it is difficult to say how much exactly, since those take a bit longer to process. But, I am well on my way! And, with a month left until leave, there is still much to be done! Please continue to help spread the word to friends, family, whomever this may appeal to, every bit helps!! Thank you again to everyone for supporting and believing in me and this cause, without you this literally would not be possible. Much love and keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment